For a spring craft, the girls decided they wanted to make butterflies. We have tried a few different kinds, and they all come out so beautiful. Today, I’m going to tell you how to make these super cute clip on bead butterflies. They are very easy to make. My 3 year olds were able to do 95% of it by themselves.
3 pipe cleaners
Glue (we used a hot glue gun)
1. Color a clothespin with markers. This will be the body of the butterfly.
2. Now, onto the wings. Take a pipe cleaner and bend the bottom a bit so the beads won’t fall right off. String the beads onto it, leaving about an inch and a half at the top.
3. Repeat Step 2 with the second pipe cleaner.
4. Twist the end of the pipe cleaner together to form a ring. Then bend the pipe cleaner into a wing shape (like a B). Do the same thing to the second one, trying to make sure it’s about the same shape.
5. Take the last pipe cleaner, bend it in half, and add 1 bead to each end for the antenna.
6. Glue the wings to each side of the clothespin, making sure not to glue the spring part of it.
7. The last step is to glue the antenna pipe cleaner to the top of the clothespin.
There you have it! A cute little butterfly that you can clip onto anything you would like. We have ours decorating our window area with our bumblebee craft (you can search our site for this craft) and a few other springy things we have made. I hope you have as much fun making this as we did. Make sure to post your pictures in the comments after you try your own!