Every 4th of July, we make a flag cake. This has been a family tradition since I was a child, and I carry it on with my children.
Pound Cake or Angel Food Cake
8oz Containter Cool Whip
1. Thaw pound cake or bake angel food cake according to package directions; chill cake. If using pound cake, you will cut it into layers and spread them out to make one rectangular cake.
2. Once the cake is chilled, spread the Cool Whip on the entire cake as frosting.
3. Place the blueberries in the upper left corner of the cake. Ours are usually 4 blueberries by 5 blueberries.
4. Slice the strawberries and place them on the cake as your stripes, leaving the same width of white between the red stripes.
5. Place the cake into the refrigerator until serving.
That’s it! Super easy and definitely kid friendly!
Bonus: Angel Food Cake is fat free!