It started one day when I was sick of making just plain fruit cobblers. I had strawberries that needed to be used and really wanted to do something new. What came out of it was simply amazing! Sweet strawberries, cheesecake, soft middle, and crispy edges. So perfect and so delicious!
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
2 cups fresh strawberries
8 oz cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar
1 Tbs flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place the butter in a 9×13 inch baking pan, and place in the oven to melt while the oven is preheating. Remove as soon as butter has melted, about 5 minutes. (I normally let the butter brown a bit.)
3. In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup of flour, 1 cup of sugar, and baking powder. Mix in the milk until well blended.
4. Pour the batter into the pan over the butter. Do not stir.
5. Rinse out the bowl from the batter and dry.
6. Cut strawberries into bite size peices and put into the bowl.
7. Cut 8 oz block of cream cheese into cubes and add to strawberries in bowl.
8. Mix with the remaining 3/4 cup of sugar and 1 tablespoon of flour.
9. Distribute the strawberry cream cheese mixture evenly over the batter. Do not stir.
10. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. A toothpick inserted into the cobbler should come out clean.
I have gotten rave reviews from everyone who has tried this cobbler. My husband says he would give his right hand for all the corner pieces in a pan. It is great served warm or chilled, with ice cream or whipped cream on top, or just plain. I hope you enjoy it!