If you love Amish bread, check out this twist for making pepperoni rolls out of an Amish bread recipe!
On Sunday, we posted the recipe for Amish bread. You can view the recipe and results here: https://sunbeamsandheartstrings.wordpress.com/2015/07/26/homemade-amish-bread/
I usually make it into pepperoni rolls for a delicious lunch. Check out the recipe and give it a try!
2 cups warm water
2/3 cup white sugar
1 ½ Tbs active dry yeast
1 ½ tsp salt
¼ cup vegetable oil
6 cups bread flour
60 pepperoni slices
8 oz Mozzarella cheese
1. In a large bowl, dissolve the sugar in warm water, then stir in the yeast.
2 Allow to proof until yeast resembles a creamy foam.
3. Mix salt and oil into the yeast.
4. Mix in flour, one cup at a time.
5. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
6. Place the dough in a well-oiled bowl, turning dough to coat
9. Punch dough down. Knead for a few minutes, and divide into 15 chunks.
10. Lay one dough chunk out flat and knead into a round, thick, pizza dough.
11. Top with 4 slices of pepperoni (more if desired) and Mozzarella cheese. I did 3 this time, because I made a double batch and only had one pack of pepperoni.
You can do other twists, as well. I have done ham and swiss before. We love to dip our pepperoni rolls in pizza or spaghetti sauce – yum!