Using your coffee pot regularly can cause a lot of build up in it, even if you cannot see it. Here is a great way to clean it without using harsh chemicals!
2 coffee filters
Sponge or washcloth
1. Make sure the glass pot is rinsed and the filter area is cleaned out.
2. Fill the coffee pot half full with vinegar then finish filling with water. Dump this into the back of the coffee pot, where your water goes. Set the glass pot back where it goes,
3. Turn the coffee pot on and let it run until the glass pot it half full.
4. Turn the coffee pot off and let it sit for 30 minutes.
5. After 30 minutes is over, turn the machine back on and let if finish the cycle.
6. Run plain water through the coffee pot.
Repeat. I used a filter for this process to show you what came out. I do not usually use one so that the filter area gets cleaned.
7. If there is no metal on your pot, place 1/2 cup vinegar and 1 cup water in it. Microwave for 1 minute. Use this to scrub the glass pot. Otherwise, use hot soapy water to scrub it.
8. Rinse the glass pot well.
That’s it! Vinegar and water are a great combination for cleaning many things. Vinegar works very will when cleaning!