I just recently started liking bell peppers, so when I saw a big bag of different color mini bell peppers, I immediately had an idea for something I wanted to make with them. Oh my goodness, did they come out great! They were so much better than what I was hoping they would be. I am super excited to get to share this recipe with you!
1 bag of mini bell peppers
8 Oz block of cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
1/2 lb bacon (about 9 strips)
3 Tbs Parmesan cheese
1 tsp minced garlic
4 fresh basil leaves (1 tsp dried basil)
4 fresh parsley leaves (1 tsp dried parsley)
1/2 tsp oregano
1 small onion
Salt and pepper TT
1. Dice up onion, bacon, basil and parsley leaves. Put them in a medium sized pan over medium heat.
2. Add garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook until the bacon is crispy.
3. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, ricotta, egg, and cheeses. Mix well.
4. Add in bacon and onion mixture; combine thoroughly.
5. Cut the tops off each pepper, then remove the cores and seeds, but keep the tops.
6. Spoon the filling mixture into a plastic bag. Cut off the bottom corner and use that corner of the bag to pipe the filling into each pepper.
8. Grill the peppers for about 10-15 minutes on a preheated grill.