Check out these cute and easy bats that even toddlers can make!
Halloween is coming up fast. Ad some of you may know, I LOVE decorating for the holidays (Any holiday). My favorite decorations are ones made by my children, so I came up with these nifty little bats.
Cardboard Toilet paper tube (or paper towel tube cut in half)
Black construction paper
2 googly eyes
1. Paint your toilet paper tube and clothespin all black; set aside to dry.
2. While the paint is drying, take your black construction paper and fold it in half. Using the scissors, cut the shape of a wing on the crease so that when you unfold the paper, you have matching wings connected in the center (like butterfly wings).
3. Once the paint is dry on your tube, fold the top of it in on itself creating two points. Glue the two folded pieces together. This will be the pointy ears for the bat.
4. Using the glue, attach the wings to the back of your tube.
5. Glue the googly eyes onto the front of the tube.
6. Glue the clothespin on the back, on top of the wings. This will be how you hang it up. Let the glue dry.
Now you have a cute little bat that you can clip on just about anywhere. I love how easy this craft was and how cute all the bats came out.