Check out this festive twist on a traditional dish!
A while ago, a picture passed around Facebook and Pinterest of a monster meatloaf (or zombie or Pharoah or whatever else you may think it looks like). So I decided to give it a try! I only had this picture of go off of, so I had to wing it:
2 lbs ground beef
1 onion, split (1/2 chopped, the rest for garnish)
1/2 green pepper, chopped
2 Tbs A1 steak sauce
2 Tbs ranch dressing
2 Tbs mustard
2 Tbs ketchup
1 cup bread crumbs
1 packet McCormick meatloaf seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper, TT
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Strips of bacon
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place the meat in a large bowl.
3. Toss all the remaining ingredients on top of the meat except the bacon and the onion for garnish; Mix well.
4. Transfer meat into a 9×13″ greased baking dish and shape into a loaf. You want it to be large, smooth, and not too raised.
5. Place bacon over the meatloaf as you see in the picture. After you have them all the way you want them, tuck the ends under the meatloaf.
6. Slice the remaining onion into chunks and place according to the picture.
7. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes.
8. You can serve this as is (we do because of everything I put into it) or make it look more eerie by adding gravy or tomato sauce.